Thursday, January 3, 2013

New Year, New Focus

I feel like a broken record. Not only am I tired of the repetitive thoughts my grief produces, but I feel my small readership is too. I am not a fan of resolutions, but this seems like a perfect time to start on a new journey. I can't promise I won't fall back into writing rambling posts, but focusing on something different will be good for me.

I've often thought about how historically and cross-culturally women have grieved over the loss of a child and how has society and family responded. Recently I even started to read an article about parental bereavement and sociobiology (how our "genes" respond).

I would also like to invite guest bloggers to post from time to time. My husband posted a while back and I know it helped him in his grief. Maybe a grandparent, sibling, or close friend would like to contribute...although I do not share this blog with my entire family. It is just easier for me if they think I am "moving on."

So, check back soon if you are a history and science geek like me, or if you just want to read something a little different. Happy New Year.

No comments:

Post a Comment