Tuesday, January 1, 2019

Year Nine

As another birthday approaches, I am at a much healthier place with my grief. I honestly smile, laugh, and have fun with my family and friends. But I still cannot talk about my girl without tearing up. I don't know if I ever will be able to.

I have been thinking about Ellie's 10th birthday, which will be next year. We want to do something big! So...we have decided to start a fundraiser, rolling it out on her 9th birthday next week, to raise enough funds to cover all 16 rooms at the Ronald McDonald House in Mississippi for the entire month of January 2020. That's close to $4,000 ($8/night x 16 rooms), but we have a year to get there. I am SO excited. If you are reading this, and feel so inclined, please visit our GoFundMe page and help as you can. I'll post updates there and here again next year. Fingers crossed we meet our goal!!

Peace, love, and warmth to you, grieving friend.

No comments:

Post a Comment